Bali Spirit Festival will be celebrating its 10th anniversary event from March 19 – 26, 2017. Bali Spirit Festival is renowned for being one of the leading yoga, dance and holistic lifestyle festivals in Asia, drawing in a global audience of approximately 7000 people from over 50 countries each year. Bali Spirit Festival 2017 has been extended to 7 nights and 5 days, set among the picturesque rice fields of Ubud, the cultural and spiritual heart of Bali, Indonesia, uniting an international community to celebrate yoga, music and dance.
The BaliSpirit Festival is held at the tranquil Bhanuswari Resort, a 10 minute drive from Ubud centre, surrounded by rice fields, towering coconut trees and a beautiful river. Watch the BaliSpirit Festival 2016 Official aftermovie for a sense of the energy and magic that takes place:
There are a range of tickets on offer from one day passes, evening concert passes to full access 7-day passes. Find out more about the different ticket options here.
There are over 200 different daytime workshops and events at BaliSpirit Festival, where attendees can freely move between an unlimited number of workshops and events. Workshops and events range from yoga classes, health seminars, satsangs, sound healing and meditation to kirtan and music performances from leading teachers, artists and presenters from all around the world, passionate about sharing their knowledge to inspire and enlighten everyone joining the festival.
Presenting at BaliSpirit Festival 2017:
– Duncan Wong, creator of Yogic Flow Arts System, an integrated collaboration of martial arts, yoga and Thai massage. Wong is one of the leaders in the field of yogic flow motion dynamics with his infusion of the natural balance of mantra wisdom with healing bodywork therapy.
– Katchie Ananda, an international yoga and dharma teacher, with over 10,000 teaching hours over a 25 year career with certificates in Anusara, Jivamukti, Integral and Ashtanga Yoga. Ananda is an influencing social and environmental activist and has been recognised by Yoga Journal as one of the 5 top yoga teachers making a social change in the world.
– Nickie Hanley, founder of Disco Yoga Flow fusing her background in dance with the strength building and graceful flow of yoga for a highly empowering and personal practice.
– Tara Judelle, international yoga teacher with over 15 years experience and co-founder of Embodied Flow. An amalgamation of yogic tradition with a scientific yet playful awareness of the human mind.
– Tymi Howard, international Vinyasa yoga teacher and Holistic Health Coach. The inspiring Tymi Howard will be returning again to BaliSpirit Festival 2017 and is highly popular with students for her artistic sequencing, dynamic and playful teaching style as well as her passion for animal rights.
– Vincent Bolletta, a creative and internationally renowned yoga teacher with over 25 years experience, having studied extensively from Iyengar to Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and more recently Yoga Therapy. Bolletta’s classes are interactive, challenging and support and uplift practitioners with his extensive knowledge across biomechanics, movement therapy and postural analysis.
BaliSpirit Festival is a mecca for yoga lovers, with a huge number of classes available for all levels with classes across all traditions of yoga including: Vinyasa Flow, Yin, Kundalini, Hatha, Jivamukti, Astanga, Laughter Yoga, Afro Flow, Children’s Yoga and more!
The night concerts bring together music and cultural traditions from every corner of the planet, combining world, folk and electronic genres in an East meets West fusion, staying true to the festival’s message of peace, love and positivity.
Artists performing on the One World One Stage at BaliSpirit Festival 2017 are: popular Australian singer-songwriter, social and environmental activist, and multi-instrumentalist, Xavier Rudd. Harmonic vocal singer, Zap Mama will be performing, infusing Urban, Hip-Hop and African vocal techniques for a lively and cultural diverse performance. As well as vivacious and feel-good Indian artists, Chugge Khan & Rajasthan Josh.
The BaliSpirit Festival attracts a globally diverse blend of headlining and emerging artists performing high-vibration music on a gorgeous outdoor tropical temple stage. This is sacred celebration at its best!’ – Rob Weber, Music Director BaliSpirit Festival 2016
BaliSpirit Festival encapsulates the core mantra of Balinese Hinduism: Tri Hita Karana. Which means: To live in harmony with our spiritual, social and natural environments. A truly unique and uplifting festival, BaliSpirit Festival builds an empowered community connected in spirituality, an appreciation for Balinese culture and living in harmony with nature. Don’t miss out on an unforgettable experience this spring.
The full and final line-up of musicians performing for the evening concerts is yet to be confirmed and see the full line-up of presenters at www.balispiritfestival.com
image by: Kari Heese