Friday, July 12th. 2019
Please wear proper Bali attire if you want to visit the temple, either you want to join praying or just for visit the ceremony. Using sarong and headdress (udeng) for man and sarong and sash for woman.
If you want to take picture please do it respectfully, do not use flash and do not standing in front of the priest or praying people. Thank you.
About Bali time: We are offering you the approximate starting time in our events sections. But you are in Bali and our time is rubber band time. Some events are on time but village ceremonies may be more variable. Priests are often the one to say when to begin the ceremony. When you see the Balinese waiting… it’s because they are waiting for the priest to show up from other ceremonies. Sometimes an event we list is cancelled. The good news is that this is rare, but we believe your experience will be valuable.
Bali Arts Festival 2019 (June 15th. – July 13th. 2019)
Today, July 12th. 2019
Time : 11.00 MIT / Location : Angsoka Stage
Program : Nandir Dance, by Nirmala Saruada Arts Group, Tegalalang subdistrict, representing Gianyar
Time : 17.00 MIT / Location : Madya Mandala Stage
Program : Joged Bumbung Dance, by Joged Group of Asta Kumala, the Banjar of Bet Ngandang, Sanur
Kauh village, South Denpasar subdistrict, representing Denpasar City
Time : 19.30 Wita / Location : Gedung Ksirarnawa
Program : Tradisional Dance and classic Legong Dance by partisipant Bharatanatyam Dance Group,
colaboration with Ayu Bulan Dance Group Jakarta
Time : 19.30 MIT / Location : in front of Kriya Hall
Program : Traditional Puppet Shadow Play with Buleleng Style, by Puppet Shadow Group of Sambroli, the Banjar of Seraya, Baktiseraga village, Buleleng subdistrict, representing Buleleng Regency
Time : 19.30 MIT / Location : Ayodya Stage
Program : Sendratari Giri Mantana Ing Sanggariti, participation of Culture and Tourism Office of East
Workshops / Community Events :
- Morning Yoga 7:30 AM and 9 AM at Swasti Cottage, Jl. Nyuh Bojog, Nyuh Kuning, Ubud.
- Balinese Dance Lesson for children at 3 PM – 5 PM at Lobby of ARMA Museum, Jl. Made Lebah, Pengosekan, Ubud.
- Gamelan Lesson 3 PM – 5 PM at Open Stage of ARMA Museum, Jl. Made Lebah, Pengosekan, Ubud.
- The Wisdom of Tarot Workshop. 3 – 5 PM. at Zest Ubud, Jl. Penestanan Kelod No.8, Penestanan. Tel: 0823-4006-5048
- Fear Hacking Workshop. 5 to 7 PM. Free Entrance. at Zest Ubud, Jl. Penestanan Kelod No.8, Penestanan. Tel: 0823-4006-5048
- Journey of the Dancer – AA Gede Mandera Erawan . 3 PM at Usada Bali, Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal – Ubud. HP: 0812-4689-1734.
A.A Gede Bagus Mandera Erawan is one of the living legends of Peliatan’s rich dance history. Affectionately known as “Gung Aji” he will lead us through the history of Balinese dance in Ubud. Gung Aji’s work features Legong Nandira (Legong Dance) with male dancers as one of his dance creations.Meet an internationally renowned dance legend, AA Gede Mandera Erawan, who will share with you his knowledge of Balinese dance culture, acquired from decades of experience as a dancer, performer, musician and director, and also from his family, who have been dancers for generations. “Gungaji”, as he is affectionately known, will be happy to explain, with his trademark humility, the history of dance in Ubud and his part in it, as he recounts his personal journey. He will likewise be thrilled to share with you his lifetime of dedication and experience – you will be able to ask questions of one of the greatest authorities alive on the subject, and gain a better understanding of Balinese dance and its place in the lives of the Balinese.
Gung Aji will reflect about the history of Balinese dance by sharing his exciting personal journey, including recordings of live dance performances. … More about this event …
Restaurants – Cafes Events:
- Live Music (The Ratrocker, Rock n Roll). 8 PM – onward. at Why Not Restaurant, Jl. Bisma 8, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 9081 601. Location Why Not …
- Live Music. 8 PM – onward at Tut Mak Warung Kopi, Jl. Dewi Sita, Ubud.
- Live Music (Jazz) 7:30 PM – onward. Casa Luna, Jl. Raya Ubud.
- Live Music – Rythm & Blues. 8 PM – 11 PM. at Laughing Buddha Bali, Jl. Monkey Forest Ubud. Tel. +62 361 970 928 / +62 82 145 245 199
- Live Music (Latin Band) at 9 PM onward. No Mas. Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 9080 800, / 9080 880 / 9080 888
- Open Mic with Agung. 7 PM – 10 PM. Free of Charge. at The Onion Restaurant, Jl. Pengosekan, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 4792252
- Live Music: 9 PM – midnight. DJ midnight – late. at CP Lounge, Jl. Monkey Forest 15, Ubud. Tel (0361) 978954
Traditional Dance Performances:
- Barong Dance / Ubud Palace / 7.30 PM
- Kecak Ramayana & Fire Dance / Pura Dalem Ubud / 7.30 PM
- Legong & Barong Dance / Balerung Stage / 7.30 PM
- Women Gamelan / Bale Banjar Ubud Kelod / 7.30 PM
- Wayang Kulit (Shadow Puppet) / Oka Kartini / 8.00 PM
- Barong & Keris Dance / Arma Museum / 6.00 PM (on full moon and new moon, the show will be replaced with Kecak Rina Dance)
Art Exhibitions :
- May 15th. June 15th. 2019: Group Art Exhibition “Art Chronicle” at Cilantro Art Space, Jl. Nyuh Kuning, Ubud.
- June 9th. – 18th. 2019: “Reload Project 2019: X-tion” Group Painting Exhibition, 10 AM – 6 PM. at Bentara Budaya Bali, Jl. Bypass IB Mantra 88, Ketewel – Gianyar. Location of Bentara Budaya Bali
- May 7th. – June 15th. 2019: “ViewPoint” Painting Exhibition by Uuk Paramartha & Jango Paramartha, at Maya Sanur Hotel, Sanur.
Special offers from the Restaurants / Cafes:
- GRILL YOUR FRIDAY 4 Different Australian Beef Steak Cuts for 180 rps Each Tenderloin | T-Bone | Rib Eye | Sirloin . at Velvet, Jl. Raya Lungsiakan 64, Ubud. Tel. +62 813 98 625 483. www.velvetbali.com
- Food Court with local price and free 2/3D & Trick Selfie Spot at Alien Cafe Jl. Raya Mas, Ubud (near Baby Statue, Sakah). Location Alien Cafe/Wase Bali …
- Divine Hour 4 – 6 PM at bridges Bali, the most beautiful Wine & Cocktail Bar in Ubud. Jl. Raya Campuhan, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 970 095. Location bridges Bali …
- Gluten Free Cafe and Deli, Healthy Snack at Taksu Galeria, Jl. Hanoman 33, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 479 2508.
Introducing our new multi level Galeria on Jalan Hanoman only a hundred meters from Taksu Spa. Our two level food court offers casual dining, garden fresh salads, house made soups and sandwiches, fresh sushi from our sushi bar and cold pressed juices. Our retail shopping floors feature unique cultural handicrafts from around the Indonesian archipelago including handmade textiles, artisan designer jewelry, carvings, glass and more. For a quick bite and drink visit our “Taksu to Go” outdoor take away kiosk. Map to Taksu Galeria …
Ganesha Book Shop, Corner Jl. Raya & Jl. Jembawan, Ubud & Jl. Danau Tamblingan 42, Sanur.