May, 17th. 2019
- Temple festival “Nganyarin, begins at 7 PM – onward at Pura Gunung Lebah, Jl. Raya Ubud, Campuhan river. Location Pura Gunung Lebah
- Temple ceremony “Pedudusan Agung” at 2 PM and 7 PM at Pura Payogan Agung, Jl. Raya Ketewel. Location Pura payogan Agung
- Farmer’s Market (Pasar Petani) 9 AM – 7 PM. Best Western Premiere Agung Resort, Jl Sriwedari 99, Ubud. Location Best Western Premiere
Pasar Petani is held to support farmers. All vegetables, fruits, ornamental plants and herbal plants. There will be workshop about how to cultivate oyster (jamur tiram).
Workshops / Community Events :
- Morning Yoga 7:30 AM and 9 AM at Swasti Cottage, Jl. Nyuh Bojog, Nyuh Kuning, Ubud.
- Yin Yoga & Myofascial Release with Winé. 5 PM – 6.30 PM at Usada Bali, Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal – Ubud. HP: 0812-4689-1734
A gentle class that combines self-massage technique – using tennis ball – with Yin Yoga postures. Yin yoga postures are designed to open up the body by prolonged holds of deep stretching techniques that put both your body and mind in a state of deep relaxation. And the purpose of the myofascial massage is to release the muscular tensions, to relieve physical pain, to increase joint flexibility and to stimulating blood flow. The combination of these two techniques will leave you deeply rested, healed and balanced. More about Yin Yoga …
- Balinese Dance Lesson for children at 3 PM – 5 PM at Lobby of ARMA Museum, Jl. Made Lebah, Pengosekan, Ubud.
- Gamelan Lesson 3 PM – 5 PM at Open Stage of ARMA Museum, Jl. Made Lebah, Pengosekan, Ubud.
- Dharma Talk with Rio Helmi “Changing Our Minds – A Buddhist Perspective” at Usada Bali, Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal – Ubud. 7 pm – 8.30 pm. HP: 0812-4689-1734
The Buddhist psychological model of the mind is quite unique, more like a science of ever shifting mental landscapes and recurring, dependent emotional patterns than a divinity instruction.
Mind, to a Buddhist, has no physical characteristics but reflects phenomena within it’s stream. In other words, in one way or another, the mind registers everything we experience. More about Dharma Talk …
Restaurant / Cafe / Live Music Events:
- Live Music. 8 PM – onward at Tut Mak Warung Kopi, Jl. Dewi Sita, Ubud.
- Live Music (Jazz) 7:30 PM – onward. Casa Luna, Jl. Raya Ubud.
- Live Music – Rythm & Blues. 8pm – 11PM. at Laughing Buddha Bali, Jl. Monkey Forest Ubud. Tel. +62 361 970 928 / +62 82 145 245 199
- Live Music (Latin Band) at 9 PM onward. No Mas. Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 9080 800, / 9080 880 / 9080 888
- Live Music: 9pm – midnight. DJ midnight – late. at CP Lounge, Jl. Monkey Forest 15, Ubud. Tel (0361) 978954
Traditional Dance Performances:
- Barong Dance / Ubud Palace / 7.30 PM
- Kecak Ramayana & Fire Dance / Pura Dalem Ubud / 7.30 PM
- Legong & Barong Dance / Balerung Stage / 7.30 PM
- Women Gamelan / Bale Banjar Ubud Kelod / 7.30 PM
- Wayang Kulit (Shadow Puppet) / Oka Kartini / 8.00 PM
- Barong & Keris Dance / Arma Museum / 6.00 PM (on full moon and new moon, the show will be replaced with Kecak Rina Dance)
Art Exhibitions :
- Solo Art Exhibition by Hidekazu Asano. May 4th. – 31st. May 2019. , at Agung Rai Museum, Ubud. Location ARMA Museum
- Group Art Exhibition “Art Chronicle” May 15th. June 15th. 2019 at Cilantro Art Space, Jl. Nyuh Kuning, Ubud.
- “Kawitan” Group Painting Exhibition, 10 AM – 6 PM. May 18th. – 28th. 2019 at Bentara Budaya Bali, Jl. Bypass IB Mantra 88, Ketewel – Gianyar. Location of Bentara Budaya Bali
- “ViewPoint” Painting Exhibition by Uuk Paramartha & Jango Paramartha, May 7th. – June 15th. 2019 at Maya Sanur Hotel, Sanur.
Book of the Week presented by Ganesha Bookshop BALI SEKALA AND NISKALA by Fred Eiseman.
If you want to delve a little into really understanding Balinese culture then dip into this book by Fred Eiseman. Fred was a devoted gatherer of facts and had an intense desire to share his knowledge with those that fell under the spell of Bali. This book is a collection of essays exploring the tangible and intangible, what we see and what we don’t see, in the realms of Balinese religion, ritual, performing arts and much more. What we see is a colorful world of ceremony, ritual dance and drama. And the Niskala is the doctrine underlying the pageants, the rites and the magic of the arts. For a deeper understanding of what is going on around you – dive into this book.
Ganesha Book Shop, Corner Jl. Raya & Jl. Jembawan, Ubud & Jl. Danau Tamblingan 42, Sanur.