Monday, May, 20th. 2019
- Temple ceremont Nganyarin begins at 6 PM at Pura Gunung Lebah, Jl. Raya Ubud, Campuhan. Location Pura Gunung Lebah, Ubud. Gamelans composition will be played during the ceremony: Selonding by Ratu Ayu Penestanan art troupe. Angklung by Sambahan art troupe. Lelambatan by Pengosekan art troupe. Sekatian by Kutuh Kelod art troupe.
- Temple ceremony “Nganyarin“ begins at 7 PM at Pura Payogan Agung, Jl. Raya Ketewel. Location Pura payogan Agung
Name of the Show / Venue / Time / Ticket Price
- Joged / Water Palace / 7:30 PM / Rp 80.000,-
- Kecak Fire (Monkey Chant Dance) / Junjungan Village / 7.30 PM
- Kecak Ramayana & Fire Dance / Pura Dalem Ubud / 7.30 PM / Rp 80.000,-
- Legong Dances / Ubud Palace / 7.30 PM
- Women Gamelan & Dance Group / Bale Banjar Ubud Klod / 7.30 PM
- Wayang Kulit (Shadow Puppet) / Pondok Bamboo / 8.00 PM
Workshop / Community Events:
- Morning Yoga. 7:30 AM and 9 AM at Swasti Cottage, Jl. Nyuh Bojog, Nyuh Kuning, Ubud.
- Balinese Dance Lesson 3 – 5 PM at Lobby of ARMA Museum, Jl. Made Lebah, Pengosekan, Ubud.
- Gamelan Lesson 3 – 5 PM at open stage of ARMA Museum, Jl. Made Lebah, Pengosekan, Ubud.
- Batik Class / Workshop. 9 AM – onward at Widya Batik Class, Jl. Sriwedari, Tegallantang. Tel. 081 797 64154
- The Power of Taksu with Gus Arie Dewantara. 7 – 8:30 pm at USADA Bali Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal, Ubud. Tel. 0812-4689-1734
Taksu is a unique Balinese concept that is not easy to put into words as there is no adequate english translation. Taksu is an energy, as the power of charisma that can magically enter into a person and influence one’s Tri Pramana (Sabda=word, Bayu=power, Idep=mind/sense). Thus, this influence can occur in one’s thoughts, speech or behavior such as “Pelinggih Taksu” that governs authority and strength. Dancers with Taksu capture the eyes of the audience, Balians with Taksu heal their patients with mysterious power, speakers with Taksu become fascinating and inspirational. Taksu refers to this extraordinary charisma and ability possessed by certain individuals in their chosen pursuits or professions.. More about The Power of Taksu …
Restaurant – Cafe Events:
- Live Music, Rythm & Blues at 8 PM – 11 PM at Laughing Buddha Bali, Jl. Monkey Forest Ubud. Tel. +62 361 970 928 / +62 82 145 245 199
- Balinese Dance Night 8 pm – onward at The Onion Collective, Jl. Pengosekan, Ubud. Tel. (0361) 4792252
- Live Music (Latin Band) at 9 PM onward. No Mas. Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 9080 800, / 9080 880 / 9080 888
- Live Music: 9 PM – midnight at CP Lounge. DJ Peformance: midnight – late. Jl. Monkey Forest 15, Ubud. Tel (0361) 978954
Art Exhibitions :
- Solo Art Exhibition by Hidekazu Asano. May 4th. – 31st. May 2019. , at Agung Rai Museum, Ubud. Location ARMA Museum
- Group Art Exhibition “Art Chronicle” May 15th. June 15th. 2019 at Cilantro Art Space, Jl. Nyuh Kuning, Ubud.
- “Kawitan” Group Painting Exhibition, 10 AM – 6 PM. May 18th. – 28th. 2019 at Bentara Budaya Bali, Jl. Bypass IB Mantra 88, Ketewel – Gianyar. Location of Bentara Budaya Bali
- “ViewPoint” Painting Exhibition by Uuk Paramartha & Jango Paramartha, May 7th. – June 15th. 2019 at Maya Sanur Hotel, Sanur.
Today’s Menu / offers from the Restaurants / Cafes:
- Food Court with local price and free 2/3D & Trick Selfie Spot at Alien Cafe Jl. Raya Mas, Ubud (near Baby Statue, Sakah).
- Divine Hour 4 – 6 pm at bridges Bali, the most beautiful Wine & Cocktail Bar in Ubud. Jl. Raya Campuhan, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 970 095.
Book of the Week presented by Ganesha Bookshop BALI SEKALA AND NISKALA by Fred Eiseman.
If you want to delve a little into really understanding Balinese culture then dip into this book by Fred Eiseman. Fred was a devoted gatherer of facts and had an intense desire to share his knowledge with those that fell under the spell of Bali. This book is a collection of essays exploring the tangible and intangible, what we see and what we don’t see, in the realms of Balinese religion, ritual, performing arts and much more. What we see is a colorful world of ceremony, ritual dance and drama. And the Niskala is the doctrine underlying the pageants, the rites and the magic of the arts. For a deeper understanding of what is going on around you – dive into this book.
Ganesha Book Shop, Corner Jl. Raya & Jl. Jembawan, Ubud & Jl. Danau Tamblingan 42, Sanur.