Monday, July 8th. 2019
Bali Arts Festival 2019 (June 15th. – July 13th. 2019)
Today’s Performances, Monday, July 8th. 2019
Time : 11.00 MIT / Location : Ratna Kanda Stage
Program : Parade of Prembon Mask Dance, by Cemeti Mas Arts Group, Melinggih Kelod village, Payangan subdistrict, representing Gianyar Regency
Time : 14.00 MIT / Location : Ayodya Stage
Program : Workshop on Kamasan Style Painting
Time : 17.00 MIT / Location : Madya Mandala Stage
Program : Joged Bumbung Dance, by Joged Group of Batu Kembar, Blahkiuh village, Abiansemal subdistrict, representing Badung Regency
Time : 19.30 MIT / Location : in front of Kriya Hall
Program : Calonarang Puppet Shadow Play, by Genta Wisesa Arts Group, Tegal Harum village, West
Denpasar subdistrict, representing Denpasar City
Time : 19.30 MIT / Location : Ardha Candra Amphitheatre
Program : Parade of Gong Kebyar musics and dances for Women, by Wahana Santhi Arts Group, Uma Jero village, Busungbiu subdistrict, representing Buleleng Regency to meet Puspa Sari Gong
Group, the Banjar of Lebah, Sumerta village, East Denpasar subdistrict, representing Denpasar City
Please wear proper Bali attire if you want to visit the temple, either you want to join praying or just for visit the ceremony. Using sarong and headdress (udeng) for man and sarong and sash for woman.
If you want to take picture please do it respectfully, do not use flash and do not standing in front of the priest or praying people. Thank you.
About Bali time: We are offering you the approximate starting time in our events sections. But you are in Bali and our time is rubber band time. Some events are on time but village ceremonies may be more variable. Priests are often the one to say when to begin the ceremony. When you see the Balinese waiting… it’s because they are waiting for the priest to show up from other ceremonies. Sometimes an event we list is cancelled. The good news is that this is rare, but we believe your experience will be valuable.
Name of the Show / Venue / Time / Ticket Price
- Joged / Water Palace / 7:30 PM / Rp 80.000,-
- Kecak Fire (Monkey Chant Dance) / Junjungan Village / 7.30 PM
- Kecak Ramayana & Fire Dance / Pura Dalem Ubud / 7.30 PM / Rp 80.000,-
- Legong Dances / Ubud Palace / 7.30 PM
- Women Gamelan & Dance Group / Bale Banjar Ubud Klod / 7.30 PM
- Wayang Kulit (Shadow Puppet) / Pondok Bamboo / 8.00 PM
Workshop / Community Events:
- Morning Yoga. 7:30 AM and 9 AM at Swasti Cottage, Jl. Nyuh Bojog, Nyuh Kuning, Ubud.
- Balinese Dance Lesson 3 – 5 PM at Lobby of ARMA Museum, Jl. Made Lebah, Pengosekan, Ubud.
- Gamelan Lesson 3 – 5 PM at open stage of ARMA Museum, Jl. Made Lebah, Pengosekan, Ubud.
- Ashtanga Mysore. 7 AM. at Usada Bali, Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal – Ubud. 3 pm. HP: 0812-4689-1734.
- Hatha Yoga. 10 AM. at Usada Bali, Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal – Ubud. 3 pm. HP: 0812-4689-1734. HATHA YOGA
The word “hatha” means willful or forceful – and refers to a set of postures that are designed to align the skin, the muscles, and the bones. They are designed to open the many channels of the
body – specifically the spine (referring to the sushsumna nadi) so that energy can flow more freely through the body.
This refers to the balance of the masculine – sun, hot, active – and the feminine – moon, cool, receptive – within all of us. Hatha yoga is a path toward creating balance and uniting opposites.
In our physical bodies we develop a balance of strength and flexibility – something that is much needed with our current day lifestyles. We also learn to balance our effort and surrender in each
Hatha yoga is a powerful tool for self-transformation. It asks us to bring our attention to our breath, which helps us to still the fluctuations of the mind, and be more present in the unfolding of each moment. More about this event …
- Breathing Cold – Talk inspired by Wim Hof. 4 – 5 PM. Jl. Penestanan Kelod No.8, Penestanan – Ubud. Tel: 0823-4006-5048
- Chakra Balancing and Energy Healing – Talk. 5:30 – 6:30 PM. Jl. Penestanan Kelod No.8, Penestanan – Ubud. Tel: 0823-4006-5048
- Batik Class / Workshop. 9 AM – onward at Widya Batik Class, Jl. Sriwedari, Tegallantang. Tel. 081 797 64154
Restaurant – Cafe Events:
- Live Music, Rythm & Blues at 8 PM – 11 PM at Laughing Buddha Bali, Jl. Monkey Forest Ubud. Tel. +62 361 970 928 / +62 82 145 245 199
- Balinese Dance Night 8 pm – onward at The Onion Collective, Jl. Pengosekan, Ubud. Tel. (0361) 4792252
- Live Music (Latin Band) at 9 PM onward. No Mas. Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 9080 800, / 9080 880 / 9080 888
- Live Music: 9 PM – midnight at CP Lounge. DJ Peformance: midnight – late. Jl. Monkey Forest 15, Ubud. Tel (0361) 978954
Special offers from the Restaurants / Cafes:
- Food Court with local price and free 2/3D & Trick Selfie Spot at Alien Cafe Jl. Raya Mas, Ubud (near Baby Statue, Sakah).
- Divine Hour 4 – 6 pm at bridges Bali, the most beautiful Wine & Cocktail Bar in Ubud. Jl. Raya Campuhan, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 970 095.
- Gluten Free Cafe and Deli, Healthy Snack at Taksu Galeria, Jl. Hanoman 33, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 479 2508.
Introducing our new multi level Galeria on Jalan Hanoman only a hundred meters from Taksu Spa. Our two level food court offers casual dining, garden fresh salads, house made soups and sandwiches, fresh sushi from our sushi bar and cold pressed juices. Our retail shopping floors feature unique cultural handicrafts from around the Indonesian archipelago including handmade textiles, artisan designer jewelry, carvings, glass and more. For a quick bite and drink visit our “Taksu to Go” outdoor take away kiosk. Map to Taksu Galeria …