Saturday, May, 18th. 2019
- Purnama (full moon ceremony)
Ceremony is held at the village temples (Pura Desa, Pura Dalem and Pura Bale Agung) and family temple, offering is presented and pray ask for blessing from Sang Hyang Widhi (Hindu almighty God).
Piodalan / Temple ceremony at :
- Temple Festival Ngeremek ritual. Begins at 5 PM at Pura Gunung Lebah, Ubud.
Special Cultural Performance Topeng (Mask Dance), Wayang (Puppet Shadow), Rejang Dance and Baris Gede Dance.
- Temple ceremony “Penyineb ritual“ begins at 7 PM at Pura Payogan Agung, Jl. Raya Ketewel. Location Pura payogan Agung
Workshops / Community Events:
- Morning Yoga. 7:30AM and 9 AM at Swasti Cottage, Jl. Nyuh Bojog, Nyuh Kuning, Ubud.
- Vinyasa Yoga Class with Kristi. 10 AM at USADA Shala Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal – Ubud. Vinyasa Yoga is a style of Yoga Asana that links movement and breath to attain balance in the mind and body. Vinyasa Yoga aligns a deliberate sequence of poses with the breath to achieve a continuous flow, a moving meditation. More about Vinyasa Yoga Class …
- Tabuh (Gamelan) Class. 3 – 4 PM at Bali Sakti Culture, Sanggar Semara Girang Jl. Suweta, Banjar Bentuyung Sakti, Ubud. Visitors are welcome to watch the Bali children learning gamelan. Free for watching. Small donation if you want to take private lesson. More Info call: +62 8191 6241 594 (Mr. Kupik).
- Balinese Dance Lesson. 3 – 5 PM. at Lobby of ARMA Museum, Jl. Made Lebah, Pengosekan, Ubud. Location of ARMA Museum here …
- Pencak Silat, Balinese Martial Art at 1 – 2:30 pm at USADA Bali Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal – Ubud. 7 – 8.30 pm – onward.
Silat is the essence of combat and self-defense, the true fighting application of the techniques which are kept secret from outsiders and not divulged to students until the guru
deems them ready. More about Pencak Silat …
Special Events :
- Farmer’s Market (Pasar Petani) 9 AM – 7 PM. Best Western Premiere Agung Resort, Jl Sriwedari 99, Ubud. Location Best Western Premiere
Pasar Petani is held to support farmers. All vegetables, fruits, ornamental plants and herbal plants. There will be workshop about how to cultivate oyster (jamur tiram).
Restaurant – Cafe Events :
- Live Music: 7pm – 10pm. Alien Cafe, Jl. Raya Mas 26, Ubud (near Baby Statue, Sakah), Tel. +62812-3854-7699 (Whatsapp/Call). “Good for, good mood. Alien Cafe is at Wahana Seni Bali, the only 2D/3D & Trick Selfie Spot in Ubud area. Reservation/Information: Alien Cafe Ubud at Wahana Seni Bali – Foodcourt FREE 3D Selfie Spot.
- Live Music. 8 PM – onward at Tut Mak Warung Kopi, Jl. Dewi Sita, Ubud.
- Live Music. 7 PM – onward. Blue Bear Bali. Jl. Raya Sayan, Ubud.
- Live Music > Special Event. 8 PM – 11 PM. at Laughing Buddha Bali, Jl. Monkey Forest Ubud. Tel. +62 361 970 928 / +62 82 145 245 199
- Live Music (Live DJ Set) at 9 PM onward. No Mas. Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 9080 800, / 9080 880 / 9080 888
- Live Music: 9 PM – midnight. DJ Peformance: midnight – late. at CP Lounge, Jl. Monkey Forest 15, Ubud. Tel (0361) 978954
Traditional Dance Performances:
- Kecak Fire & Trance Dance / Padang Tegal / 7.00 PM
- Frog & Barong Dance / Pondok Pekak / 7.30 PM
- Kecak Fire & Trance Dance / Pura Dalem Taman Kaja / 7.30 PM
- Legong Dance / Ubud Palace / 7.30 PM
- Legong Dance / Peliatan Palace / 7.30 PM
- Legong Dance / Ubud Water Palace / 7.30 PM
- Wayang Kulit (Shadow Puppet) / Monkey Forest / 8.00 PM
Special offers from the Restaurants and Cafes:
- Velvet Mexican Cuisine – Sea Food & Grill , Jl. Raya Lungsiakan 64, Ubud. Tel. +62 813 98 625 483. CREATE YOUR SATURDAY You Are The Bartender… Create Your Own Cocktail for 120rps. www.velvetbali.com
- Alien Cafe / WASE Bali . Food Court with local prices (starts from Rp 15K) and free 3- D rooms for photos and Trick Selfie Spot at Alien Cafe Jl. Raya Mas, Ubud. Mobile: +62 813 3959 5637
Art Exhibitions :
- Solo Art Exhibition by Hidekazu Asano. May 4th. – 31st. May 2019. , at Agung Rai Museum, Ubud. Location ARMA Museum
- Group Art Exhibition “Art Chronicle” May 15th. June 15th. 2019 at Cilantro Art Space, Jl. Nyuh Kuning, Ubud.
- “Kawitan” Group Painting Exhibition, 10 AM – 6 PM. May 18th. – 28th. 2019 at Bentara Budaya Bali, Jl. Bypass IB Mantra 88, Ketewel – Gianyar. Location of Bentara Budaya Bali
- “ViewPoint” Painting Exhibition by Uuk Paramartha & Jango Paramartha, May 7th. – June 15th. 2019 at Maya Sanur Hotel, Sanur.
Book of the Week presented by Ganesha Bookshop BALI SEKALA AND NISKALA by Fred Eiseman.
If you want to delve a little into really understanding Balinese culture then dip into this book by Fred Eiseman. Fred was a devoted gatherer of facts and had an intense desire to share his knowledge with those that fell under the spell of Bali. This book is a collection of essays exploring the tangible and intangible, what we see and what we don’t see, in the realms of Balinese religion, ritual, performing arts and much more. What we see is a colorful world of ceremony, ritual dance and drama. And the Niskala is the doctrine underlying the pageants, the rites and the magic of the arts. For a deeper understanding of what is going on around you – dive into this book.
Ganesha Book Shop, Corner Jl. Raya & Jl. Jembawan, Ubud & Jl. Danau Tamblingan 42, Sanur.