Sunday – July 7th. 2019
Please wear proper Bali attire if you want to visit the temple, either you want to join praying or just for visit the ceremony. Using sarong and headdress (udeng) for man and sarong and sash for woman.
If you want to take picture please do it respectfully, do not use flash and do not standing in front of the priest or praying people. Thank you.
About Bali time: We are offering you the approximate starting time in our events sections. But you are in Bali and our time is rubber band time. Some events are on time but village ceremonies may be more variable. Priests are often the one to say when to begin the ceremony. When you see the Balinese waiting… it’s because they are waiting for the priest to show up from other ceremonies. Sometimes an event we list is cancelled. The good news is that this is rare, but we believe your experience will be valuable.
Bali Arts Festival 2019 (June 15th. – July 13th. 2019)
Today’s Performances, Sunday, July 7th. 2019
Time : 11.00 MIT / Location : Ayodya Stage
Program : Dances, Musics and Drama of Betawi “ Lenggang Batavia” , participartion of the Betawi
Arts Group Ratna Sari, Jakarta
Time : 11.00 MIT / Location : Wantilan Hall
Program : Jegog Gamelan Instrumen by Suar Agung Group Jembrana Regency
Time : 14.00 MIT / Location : Ratna Kanda Stage
Program : Workshop on Painting
Time : 17.00 MIT / Location : Cinema Room, the first floor of Ksirarnawa Hall
Program : Workshop on Animation under a theme “Balinese Story “
Time : 19.30 MIT / Location : Wantilan Hall
Program : Dance Fragment, Saraswati Foundation, Balinese Arts Institution – Jakarta
Time : 19.30 MIT / Location : Ksirarnawa Hall
Program : Parade of Janger Malampahan Dance, by Ratu Kinasih Arts Group. Lembongan village, Nusa
Penida subdistrict, representing Klungkung Regency
Time : 19.30 MIT / Location : Ayodya Stage
Program : Calonarang Dance Drama, by Canging Mas Arts Group, Dajan Peken village, Tabanan
subdistrict, Tabanan Regency
Time : 19.30 MIT / Location : Ardha Candra Amphitheatre
Program : Parade of Gong Kebyar musics and dances for Women, by Women Gong Kebyar Group of Putri Widya Suara Garini, Pertima village, Karangasem subdistrict, representing Karangasem regency to
meet Cempaka Sari Gong Group, the Banjar of Desa Yangapi, Metro Kelod, Tembuku subdistrict, representing Bangli Regency
Upcoming schedule: July 8th. – 13th. 2019 here …
Workshops / Community Events :
- Morning Yoga. 7:30 AM and 9 AM at Swasti Cottage, Jl. Nyuh Bojog, Nyuh Kuning, Ubud.
- Batik Class / Workshop 9 AM – onward at Widya Batik Class, Jl. Sriwedari, Tegallantang. Tel. 081 797 64154
- USADA Shala Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal – Ubud. Tel. 0812-4689-1734.
- Tabuh (Gamelan) Class at 10 – 11 AM. at Bali Sakti Culture, Sanggar Semara Girang Jl. Suweta, Banjar Bentuyung Sakti, Ubud. Visitors are welcome to watch the Bali children learning gamelan. Free for watching. Small donation if you want to take private lesson. More Info call: +62 8191 6241 594 (Mr. Kupik).
- Balinese Dance Lesson at 10 AM – 12 PM at Lobby of ARMA Museum, Jl. Made Lebah, Pengosekan, Ubud. Location of ARMA Museum …
- Bali Dance Class at 3 – 5 PM at Bali Sakti Culture, Sanggar Semara Girang Jl. Suweta, Banjar Bentuyung Sakti, Ubud. Visitors are welcome to watch the Bali children learning gamelan. Free for watching. Small donation if you want to take private lesson. More Info call: +62 8191 6241 594 (Mr. Kupik).
- Satsang with Anand Krishna. 6:45 PM – 8:30 PM at Anand Ashram, Jl. Sriwedari, Ubud. Tel. +62 822 3709 4865 / +62 818 350 712
Restaurant – Cafe Events:
- Coffee Morning – Bossa Nova. 11 AM – 1 PM. Blue Bear, Jl. Raya Sayan Banjar Kutuh, Ubud. Tel. 0813-3849-6674
- Karaoke. 6 PM – 10 PM. at Alien Cafe, Jl. Raya Mas, Ubud. Tel. +62 812 3854 7699 Location Alien Cafe at Wase Bali …
- Live Music. 7 PM – 10 PM at Taco & Grill Ubud, Jl. Suweta 7, Ubud. Tel. 081 338 733 726
- Live Music>Jazz: 8 PM – onward. at Tut Mak Warung Kopi, Jl. Dewi Sita, Ubud. Tel. (0361) 975754
- Live Music, Salsa Dance at 7:30 PM – 10:30 PM at Warung Gana, Jl Pengosekan, Ubud. Tel. +62 822 376 50588 +62 361 973 352
- Live Music > Blues. 8 PM – 11 PM. at Laughing Buddha Bali, Jl. Monkey Forest Ubud. Tel. +62 361 970 928 / +62 82 145 245 199
- Live Music (Live DJ Set) at 9 PM – onward. No Mas. Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 9080 800, / 9080 880 / 9080 888
- Sunday Sunset Live. 6 – 9 PM. at Zest Ubud, Jl. Penestanan Kelod No.8, Penestanan – Ubud. Tel: 0823-4006-5048
- Live Music: 9 PM – midnight at CP Lounge. DJ Peformance: midnight – late. Jl. Monkey Forest 15, Ubud. Tel (0361) 978954
Cultural Performances :
- Kecak Fire & Trance Dance / Padang Tegal Kaja / 7.00 PM
- Dancer & Musician of Peliatan / Balerung Stage / 7.30 PM
- Janger / Saraswati Temple / 7.30 PM
- Kecak Fire & Trance Dance / Batukaru Temple / 7.30 PM
- Legong of Mahabrata / Ubud Palace / 7.30 PM
- Legong and Other Favorite Dances / Bale Banjar Ubud Klod / 7.30 PM
- Wayang Kulit (Shadow Puppet) / Oka Kartini / 8.00 PM
- Classic Legong / Arma Museum / 7.30 PM (on full moon and new moon, the show will be replaced with Kecak Rina Dance)
*** Duration of the show is about 1 hour, entrance ticket from Rp 80.000,- – Rp 120.000,-
Today’s Menu / offers from the Restaurants / Cafes:
- Sunday is Brunchtime at Velvet Mexican Cuisine – Sea Food & Grill, 4 Selected Dishes + 2 Drinks = 250rps. Jl. Raya Lungsiakan 64, Ubud. Tel. +62 813 98 625 483. www.velvetbali.com
- Alien Cafe / WASE Bali . Food Court with local prices (starts from Rp 15K) and free 3- D rooms for photos and Trick Selfie Spot at Alien Cafe Jl. Raya Mas, Ubud. Mobile: +62 813 3959 5637. Location of WASE Bali/Alien Cafe
Book of the Week presented by Ganesha Bookshop BALI SEKALA AND NISKALA by Fred Eiseman.
If you want to delve a little into really understanding Balinese culture then dip into this book by Fred Eiseman. Fred was a devoted gatherer of facts and had an intense desire to share his knowledge with those that fell under the spell of Bali. This book is a collection of essays exploring the tangible and intangible, what we see and what we don’t see, in the realms of Balinese religion, ritual, performing arts and much more. What we see is a colorful world of ceremony, ritual dance and drama. And the Niskala is the doctrine underlying the pageants, the rites and the magic of the arts. For a deeper understanding of what is going on around you – dive into this book.
Ganesha Book Shop, Corner Jl. Raya & Jl. Jembawan, Ubud & Jl. Danau Tamblingan 42, Sanur.