Thursday, July 11th. 2019
Please wear proper Bali attire if you want to visit the temple, either you want to join praying or just for visit the ceremony. Using sarong and headdress (udeng) for man and sarong and sash for woman.
If you want to take picture please do it respectfully, do not use flash and do not standing in front of the priest or praying people. Thank you.
About Bali time: We are offering you the approximate starting time in our events sections. But you are in Bali and our time is rubber band time. Some events are on time but village ceremonies may be more variable. Priests are often the one to say when to begin the ceremony. When you see the Balinese waiting… it’s because they are waiting for the priest to show up from other ceremonies. Sometimes an event we list is cancelled. The good news is that this is rare, but we believe your experience will be valuable.
Bali Arts Festival 2019 (June 15th. – July 13th. 2019)
Today, July 11th. 2019
Time : 11.00 MIT / Location : Ratna Kanda Stage
Program : Prembon Mask Dance, by Prakanti Swara Jaya Mask Group, the Banjar of Peninjoan,
Peguyangan Kangin village, North Denpasar subdistrict, representing Denpasar City
Time : 11.00 MIT / Location : Ayodya Stage
Program : Traditional Dances, participation of Culture and Tourism Office of Central Kalimantan Province
Time : 19.30 MIT / Location : Ayodya Stage
Program : Prembon Dance Drama, by Arts Community of IKIP – the Education Science Institute of PGRI Bali
Time : 19.30 MIT / Location : Ksirarnawa Hall
Program : Balinese Traditional Dress Fashion Show
Time : 19.30 MIT / Location : Ardha Candra Amphitheatre
Program : Parade of Gong Kebyar musics and dances for Children, by Children Gong Kebyar Group of
Tunas Mekar, the Banjar of Lebah, Marga village, Marga subdistrict, representing Tabanan Regency to meet the Children Gong Group of Suara Giri, the Banjar of Gunung, Pemogan village, South Denpasar subdistrict, representing Denpasar City
Workshop – Community Events :
- Morning Yoga at Swasti Cottage, Jl. Nyuh Bojog, Nyuh Kuning, Ubud. Time 7.30am & 9am.
- Batik Class / Workshop at Widya Batik Class, Jl. Sriwedari, Tegallantang. Tel. 081 797 64154
- Inner Journey Meditation with Anand Krishna. 6:45 PM – 8:30 PM at Anand Ashram, Jl. Sriwedari, Ubud. Tel. +62 822 3709 4865 / +62 818 350 712
- Indigenous Sustainability and Permaculture in Bali with I Made Chakra. 7 PM. at Usada Bali, Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal – Ubud. 3 pm. HP: 0812-4689-1734. Check out their page for today’s events. Location of Usada Bali …
Permaculture is an empowering philosophy of creativity and relationship with nature. Permaculture is a holistic system of design which can be used to create systems which mimic nature and provide the needs of all within and around the system.. Join our Special Event to explore Indigenous Sustainability and Permaculture in Bali with I Made Chakra.
I Made Chakra was born in 1973 to a rice farming family near Ubud, Bali . Coincidentally, this was the same year the so called “Green Revolution” introduced chemical farming to Bali . Fortunately the Balinese love of nature and trust of their traditions slowed down the inroads of this new, less sustainable agriculture. Chakra was able to grow up in a time where the people didn’t need money for food; edible vegetation, fish, eels, and birds all thrived together in the rice fields. Now that chemical farming has destroyed so much of this sustainable eco system, Chakra’s wish is that that his own children will be to able experience what he knew in his childhood; with the land restored to its abundant heritage. He knows he can’t do this alone, so he works to build connections with others on the same path, working for a healthy environment, healthy people and a healthy future.After completing his study on sustainable development , 4 years pioneering green tourism in UK , and gaining commercial experience in his hometown, Chakra has devoted himself to developing sustainable agriculture and technology across Indonesia ; from tsunami-ravaged Aceh, to the rice fields of Bali , where he has pioneered an effective organic Intensification System for nutritious, heritage red rice.
- Yin Yoga & Myofascial Release with Winé. 10 – 11:30AM. at Usada Bali, Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal – Ubud. 3 pm. HP: 0812-4689-1734. Check out their page for today’s events. Location of Usada Bali …
A gentle class that combines self-massage technique – using tennis ball – with Yin Yoga postures. Yin yoga postures are designed to open up the body by prolonged holds of deep stretching techniques that put both your body and mind in a state of deep relaxation. And the purpose of the myofascial massage is to release the muscular tensions, to relieve physical pain, to increase joint flexibility and to stimulating blood flow. The combination of these two techniques will leave you deeply rested, healed and balanced.
Winé Pramiyanti, was born in Bandung-West Java. She moved to Bali in 2005 after she completed her Bachelor of Arts degree and made Ubud home since then.
Winé is certified through School of Sacred Arts (SOSA) where she completed her RYS200 hour teacher training. She is passionate about making yoga accessible for all and is effective in creating dynamic flow intuitively, integrating strength with grace and focus on breathing, qualities which radiates not just her teaching style but also her daily life.
Her passion in yoga began in 2006, which after years of practice it gave her a calling to serve the community. In 2010 she initiated Prenatal yoga workshop with Pudjiastuti Sindhu, RYT, from Yoga Leaf, Bandung which she also attended, and went on to set up Karma-Prenatal Yoga classes at Yayasan Bumi Sehat (non-profit gentle birth center based in Nyuh Kuning, Ubud) aiming wellness for expectant mothers. More about this event …
- Bali Dance Class 4 – 5 pm at Sanggar Tari Semara Girang, Jl. Suweta, Banjar Bentuyung Sakti, Ubud. Location Semara Girang
Restaurant – Cafe Events :
- Movie Screening 8 PM at Blackbeach Italian Restaurant, Jl. Hanoman 5. Phone 0361 971353. Free Entrance. Location Blackbeach Restaurant here … .
- Live Music at Taco & Grill Ubud, Jl. Suweta 7, Ubud. 7 pm – 10 pm. Tel. 081 338 733 726. Location Taco & Grill Ubud here …
- Open Mic at Bali Bohemia, Jl. Nyuh Bojog, Nyuh Kuning, Ubud. Time 7.30 pm – onward. Location Bali Bohemia here …
- Live Music, Salsa Dance at 7.30 pm – 10.30 pm at Warung Gana, Jl Pengosekan, Ubud. Tel. +62 822 376 50588 +62 361 973 352
- Live Music (Alternative) at 9 PM onward. No Mas. Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 9080 800, / 9080 880 / 9080 888
- Live Music; Soul Jazz 8pm – 11PM. at Laughing Buddha Bali, Jl. Monkey Forest Ubud. Tel. +62 361 970 928 / +62 82 145 245 199
- Sacred Earth Circle with Chef Simon. 3 – 5 PM at Zest Ubud, Jl. Penestanan Kelod No.8, Penestanan. Tel: 0823-4006-5048
- Woman Circle. 5 – 7 PM at Zest Ubud, Jl. Penestanan Kelod No.8, Penestanan. Tel: 0823-4006-5048
- Live Music 9 PM – midnight. DJ midnight – late. at CP Lounge, Jl. Monkey Forest 15, Ubud. Tel (0361) 978954
Traditional Dance Performances :
What / Where / When / Ticket Price
- Barong & Child Dance / Ubud Water Palace / 7.30 PM
- Barong & Keris Dance / Pura Dalem Ubud / 7.30 PM
- Kecak (Monkey Chant Dance) / Peliatan Palace / 7.30 PM
- Kecak Fire & Trance Dance / Pura Taman Sari / 7.30 PM
- Kecak Fire & Trance Dance / Batukaru Temple / 7.30 PM
- Legong Dance / Pura Desa kutuh / 7.30 PM
- Legong Dance / Pura Keloncing / 7.30 PM
- Legong Trance & Paradise Dance / Ubud Palace / 7.30 PM / Rp 100.000,-
- Wayang Kulit (Shadow Puppet) / Pondok Bamboo / 8.00 PM
Ganesha Book Shop, Corner Jl. Raya & Jl. Jembawan, Ubud & Jl. Danau Tamblingan 42, Sanur.