Thrusday, May 23th 2019
Special Cultural Events : Berawa Beach Festival. 23rd. – 26th. 2019
Berawa Beach Arts Festival is an effort to raise creative activities for the coastal community, especially at the North Kuta, in regard to the cross cultural relationships. It gives spaces for any transformation and creative innovation in both personal and communal expression. Through the aesthetic experience, the community is encouraged to be able to develop their potentials and also to promote the tourism destination by plowing the local wisdom of the coastal culture. Furthermore, by delivering the unique arts and cultural expositions by Indonesian Artists and Performers to the International attention, it is expected that the cultural and community based tourism will preserve their identity in the modernity package while driving through the Globalization. This Festival is held by Tibubeneng Village of North Kuta, Badung Regency – Bali. Location of the Festival …
Workshop – Community Events :
- Morning Yoga at Swasti Cottage, Jl. Nyuh Bojog, Nyuh Kuning, Ubud. Time 7.30am & 9am.
- Dharma Public Dialogue with Alan Clement 3 – 4:30 pm at Usada Bali, Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal – Ubud. 3 pm. HP: 0812-4689-1734.
Alan Clements will present a special series of World Dharma Talks followed by Q & A and Dialogue. The World Dharma Forum is rooted in the practice of bringing the quality of mindful intelligence to every circumstance we face, to transform the encounter and find our liberation through living.. More about Dharma Dialogue …
- Batik Class / Workshop at Widya Batik Class, Jl. Sriwedari, Tegallantang. Tel. 081 797 64154
- Inner Journey Meditation with Anand Krishna. 6:45 PM – 8:30 PM at Anand Ashram, Jl. Sriwedari, Ubud. Tel. +62 822 3709 4865 / +62 818 350 712
- The Way of One Studies. Taoism, Mysticism and Metaphysics Talk. 5 PM. at Usada Bali, Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal – Ubud. 3 pm. HP: 0812-4689-1734.
A weekly gathering exploring the cosmology, philosophy and metaphysical principles in relation to the ‘Law of One’, as presented by ‘RA’. Along with the Law of One series, will discuss the practical life applications of Taoism and other mystical and ‘unity consciousness’ philosophies.
Kamau Bakari Abayomi is his birth name. It holds the meaning, ‘Quiet warrior of noble promise, born to bring joy’ and is comprised of Kikuyu, Swahili and Yoruba languages. Also embedded within his name are the ancient Kemetic (Egyptian) words ‘Ka'(spirit) Ba(soul) and Ab(heart). Embodying the attributes of his name Kamau, has been studying, living and guiding others on the path of metaphysics, mystical awareness and self-transformation for 25 years. More about this event …
- Bali Dance Class 4 – 5 pm at Sanggar Tari Semara Girang, Jl. Suweta, Banjar Bentuyung Sakti, Ubud. Location Semara Girang
Restaurant – Cafe Events :
- Movie Screening 8 PM at Blackbeach Italian Restaurant, Jl. Hanoman 5. Phone 0361 971353. Free Entrance. Location Blackbeach Restaurant here … .
- Live Music at Taco & Grill Ubud, Jl. Suweta 7, Ubud. 7 pm – 10 pm. Tel. 081 338 733 726
- Open Mic at Bali Bohemia, Jl. Nyuh Bojog, Nyuh Kuning, Ubud. Time 7.30 pm – onward
- Live Music, Salsa Dance at 7.30 pm – 10.30 pm at Warung Gana, Jl Pengosekan, Ubud. Tel. +62 822 376 50588 +62 361 973 352
- Live Music (Alternative) at 9 PM onward. No Mas. Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 9080 800, / 9080 880 / 9080 888
- Live Music; Soul Jazz 8pm – 11PM. at Laughing Buddha Bali, Jl. Monkey Forest Ubud. Tel. +62 361 970 928 / +62 82 145 245 199
- Live Music 9pm – midnight. DJ midnight – late. at CP Lounge, Jl. Monkey Forest 15, Ubud. Tel (0361) 978954
Traditional Dance Performances :
What / Where / When / Ticket Price
- Barong & Child Dance / Ubud Water Palace / 7.30 PM
- Barong & Keris Dance / Pura Dalem Ubud / 7.30 PM
- Kecak (Monkey Chant Dance) / Peliatan Palace / 7.30 PM
- Kecak Fire & Trance Dance / Pura Taman Sari / 7.30 PM
- Kecak Fire & Trance Dance / Batukaru Temple / 7.30 PM
- Legong Dance / Pura Desa kutuh / 7.30 PM
- Legong Dance / Pura Keloncing / 7.30 PM
- Legong Trance & Paradise Dance / Ubud Palace / 7.30 PM
- Wayang Kulit (Shadow Puppet) / Pondok Bamboo / 8.00 PM
Art Exhibitions :
- Solo Art Exhibition by Hidekazu Asano. May 4th. – 31st. May 2019. , at Agung Rai Museum, Ubud. Location ARMA Museum
- Group Art Exhibition “Art Chronicle” May 15th. June 15th. 2019 at Cilantro Art Space, Jl. Nyuh Kuning, Ubud.
- “Kawitan” Group Painting Exhibition, 10 AM – 6 PM. May 18th. – 28th. 2019 at Bentara Budaya Bali, Jl. Bypass IB Mantra 88, Ketewel – Gianyar. Location of Bentara Budaya Bali
- “ViewPoint” Painting Exhibition by Uuk Paramartha & Jango Paramartha, May 7th. – June 15th. 2019 at Maya Sanur Hotel, Sanur.
- Solo Painting Exhibition by Ida Bagus Putu Purwa, May 23rd. June 30th. 2019. ARTSPACE at Artotel Sanur, Jl. Kusuma Sari No. 1, Sanur – Bali.
Book of the Week presented by Ganesha Bookshop BALI SEKALA AND NISKALA by Fred Eiseman.
If you want to delve a little into really understanding Balinese culture then dip into this book by Fred Eiseman. Fred was a devoted gatherer of facts and had an intense desire to share his knowledge with those that fell under the spell of Bali. This book is a collection of essays exploring the tangible and intangible, what we see and what we don’t see, in the realms of Balinese religion, ritual, performing arts and much more. What we see is a colorful world of ceremony, ritual dance and drama. And the Niskala is the doctrine underlying the pageants, the rites and the magic of the arts. For a deeper understanding of what is going on around you – dive into this book.
Ganesha Book Shop, Corner Jl. Raya & Jl. Jembawan, Ubud & Jl. Danau Tamblingan 42, Sanur.