May 22th. 2019
- Collective Cremation Ceremony at about 12PM. in Nyuh Kuning village.
Preparation from the morning in the funeral home it the village. About 12 PM the procession is started to the cemetery. Article about collective cremation ceremony
Location of the cemetery in Jl Raya Nyuh Kuning …
- Temple ceremont Penyineban begins at 6 PM – onward at Pura Gunung Lebah, Jl. Raya Ubud, Campuhan. Location Pura Gunung Lebah, Ubud. … Gamelans will be played during the ceremony: Sekatian by Semarakanti Padang Tegal group. Wayang by Dek Wi Padang Tegal, Ubud. Topeng by Dewa Bendi and friends. Selonding by women of CW Ubud. Angklung by Ubud Tengah. Lelambatan by Tegallantang group. Rejang Sari / Renteng. Rejang Pekuluh by Tegallantang troupe. Baris Gede by Tegallantang troupe
- Temple ceremony “Penyineban“ begins at 7 PM at Pura Payogan Agung, Jl. Raya Ketewel. Location Pura payogan Agung
Workshop / Community Events:
- Pencak Silat, Balinese Martial Art at 1 – 2.30 pm at USADA Bali Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal, Ubud. Tel. 0812-4689-1734
Silat is the essence of combat and self-defense, the true fighting application of the techniques which are kept secret from outsiders and not divulged to students until the guru deems them ready. While other definitions exist, all agree that silat cannot exist without pencak, and pencak without silat skills is purposeless. Pencak silat was practiced not only for physical defence but also for psychological ends. . More about Pencak Silat …
- Balinese Dance Lesson at Lobby of ARMA Museum at 3 pm – 5 pm.
- Gamelan Lesson at Open Stage of ARMA Museum at 3 pm – 5 pm.
- Traditional Mysore Style Ashtanga Practice with Maya Rao. 7 – 9 AM at USADA Bali Jl. Sugriwa 4, Padang Tegal, Ubud. Tel. 0812-4689-1734
The Mysore style is the traditional way of teaching Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga as taught originally by Sri K. Pattabhi Jois. The class is not “led” as a whole but rather all instruction is one-on-one within the group class setting. The teacher assists and adjusts each student individually. Students develop their own practice and work at their own breath rate. It’s like having a private class within a group!
The essence of Ashtanga Yoga lies in a Mysore-style practice, that introduces to the main facets of the practice: Vinyasa (link between movement and breath), Ujjayi Pranayama (a powerful heating breath), Drishti (gaze) and the Bandhas (internal energy locks).
- Batik Class / Workshop at Widya Batik Class, Jl. Sriwedari, Tegallantang. Tel. 081 797 64154
- Bhajan / Kirtan at 6:30 – 8:30 PM. at Anand Ashram Ubud, Jl. Sriwedari, Ubud. Tel. +62 822 3709 4865 / +62 818 350 712
Art Exhibitions :
- Solo Art Exhibition by Hidekazu Asano. May 4th. – 31st. May 2019. , at Agung Rai Museum, Ubud. Location ARMA Museum
- Group Art Exhibition “Art Chronicle” May 15th. June 15th. 2019 at Cilantro Art Space, Jl. Nyuh Kuning, Ubud.
- “Kawitan” Group Painting Exhibition, 10 AM – 6 PM. May 18th. – 28th. 2019 at Bentara Budaya Bali, Jl. Bypass IB Mantra 88, Ketewel – Gianyar. Location of Bentara Budaya Bali
- “ViewPoint” Painting Exhibition by Uuk Paramartha & Jango Paramartha, May 7th. – June 15th. 2019 at Maya Sanur Hotel, Sanur.
Restaurant – Cafe Events :
- Movie Screening: Blackbeach Italian Restaurant, Jl. Hanoman 5. Phone 0361 971353. Free Entrance
- Live Music; Accoustic Nite at The Shed Bali, Jl. Bangkiang Sidem, Kliki, Payangan. 7 pm – onward. Free Entrance.
- Live Music; Latin & Salsa. 8pm – 11PM. at Laughing Buddha Bali, Jl. Monkey Forest Ubud. Tel. +62 361 970 928 / +62 82 145 245 199
- Live Music (Rock Alternative) at 9 PM onward. No Mas. Jl. Monkey Forest, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 9080 800, / 9080 880 / 9080 888
- Live Music: 9pm – midnight. DJ Peformance: midnight – late. at CP Lounge, Jl. Monkey Forest 15, Ubud. Tel (0361) 978954
- Kecak & Fire Dance / Padang Tegal / 7.00 PM
- Chandra Wira Buana / Bale Banjar Ubud Klod / 7.30 PM
- Jegog Dance / Pura Dalem Ubud / 7.30 PM
- Ramayana Balet Spirit of Women PKK Ubud / Ubud Water Palace / 7.30 PM
- Kecak Fire & Trance Dance / Pr. Dalem Taman Kaja / 7.30 PM
- Legong & Barong Dance / Ubud Palace / 7.30 PM
- Legong Dance Yamasari Group / Peliatan Palace / 7.30 PM
- Wayang Kulit (Shadow Puppet) / Oka Kartini / 8.00 PM
- Topeng Jimat / Arma Museum / 7.00 PM. I Made Jimat is one of the reknown dancer and actor of the great classical Balinese dance masters, born in 1984 in Batuan village. Encouraging the Balinese dance toward sustainable livelihood, cultural integrity and restoring pride in classical value.(If the full moon / new moon fall in this date, the show will be replaced with Kecak Rina Dance).
Special offers from the Restaurants / Cafes:
- Only on Wednesday at Velvet Mexican Cuisine – Sea Food & Grill. Choose any of our 6 Hand Crafted Burgers + 2 Bintang Beer for 150rps . Jl. Raya Lungsiakan 64, Ubud. Tel. +62 813 98 625 483. www.velvetbali.com
- Food Court with local price and free 2/3D & Trick Selfie Spot at Alien Cafe Jl. Raya Mas, Ubud (near Baby Statue, Sakah).
- Cocktail Wednesday at 4pm – onward. Divine Hour 4 – 6 pm at bridges Bali, the most beautiful Wine & Cocktail Bar in Ubud. Jl. Raya Campuhan, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 970 095.
- Gluten Free Cafe and Deli, Healthy Snack at Taksu Galeria, Jl. Hanoman 33, Ubud. Tel. +62 361 479 2508.
Introducing our new multi level Galeria on Jalan Hanoman only a hundred meters from Taksu Spa. Our two level food court offers casual dining, garden fresh salads, house made soups and sandwiches, fresh sushi from our sushi bar and cold pressed juices. Our retail shopping floors feature unique cultural handicrafts from around the Indonesian archipelago including handmade textiles, artisan designer jewelry, carvings, glass and more. For a quick bite and drink visit our “Taksu to Go” outdoor take away kiosk. Map to Taksu Galeria …
About Bali time: We are offering you the approximate starting time in our events sections. But you are in Bali and our time is rubber band time. Some events are on time but village ceremonies may be more variable. Priests are often the one to say when to begin the ceremony. When you see the Balinese waiting… it’s because they are waiting for the priest to show up from other ceremonies. Sometimes an event we list is cancelled. The good news is that this is rare, but we believe your experience will be valuable.
Ganesha Book Shop, Corner Jl. Raya & Jl. Jembawan, Ubud & Jl. Danau Tamblingan 42, Sanur.